Follow @dinodelcorso! Thanks for the photos and the recipe of this Bruschetta
30 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
60 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
¾ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
4 slices of homemade bread (read the recipe)
black and pink pepper to taste
Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, to taste
EVO Oil, to taste
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
- Create your own parmesan infused EVO oil: mix the Parmigiano Reggiano with the EVO Oil, garlic and salt.
- Heat a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes. Cook the asparagus with EVO oil until soft. Season with black pepper and EVOO to taste.
- Toast the slices of bread with extra virgin olive oil on a hot non-stick pan; the temperature must be high enough to toast the slices of bread until crispy, one at a time. After cooking, leave the bread to rest on a plate.
- Cook the eggs – pour some EVO Oil in your non-stick pan; when it becomes hot, add the egg, and without mixing it cook it until the egg white is well cooked.
- Season each slice of bread with the parmesan infused EVO Oil, then add the asparagus and the egg. For an extra touch, add balsamic vinegar and pink pepper on top, too.
Extra Virgin Olive Oils Pairings
What are the best extra virgin olive oils for this Bruschetta?
Our goal is to achieve the perfect balance of taste in the mouth (read more on our Olive Oil Pairings method) ; in order to do that, it is necessary to balance the sweetness of the asparagus and the Parmigiano Reggiano while also exalting the spiciness of the black and pink peppers.
We recommend this Bruschetta with EVOOs characterized by a certain level of spiciness, Mediterranean herbs scents and notes of green vegetables: Chiuse di Sant’Arcangelo – Gaudenzi to add a fresh balsamic note to the dish; Villa Magra – Frantoio Franci, to enhance the Mediterranean pot herbs and green almond flavours; Gran Riserva Giuseppe Fois – Accademia Olearia to increase pungency and spiciness.