- 1 red pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 6/8 asparagus
- 1 tomato
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- rosemary, salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of homemade bread (read the recipe here)
- 8 slices of aged Pecorino cheese
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbs of honey
- ½ lemon juice
- Cut the vegetables in pieces of the same size and grill them on a non-stick pan.
- Season the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil, salt, rosemary and garlic.
- Prepare an emulsion of extra virgin olive oil, honey and lemon juice. Season it with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Toast the slices of bread in a non-stick pan.
- Assemble your bruschetta: put the grilled vegetables and pecorino cheese on top of the bread, then add the honey and EVO oil emulsion.
- Enjoy your bruschetta!
Extra Virgin Olive Oils Pairings
What are the best extra virgin olive oils for this Bruschetta?
If you want, read our easy guide on how to pair food and EVO Oil!
Consider the taste of the different ingredients of this bruschetta: beautiful grilled notes given by the vegetables, the sweetness of honey, and the more or less intense flavor of the Pecorino cheese; the intensity of all these flavors will obviously depend on their quality, and on their cooking.
The best extra virgin olive oils for this bruschetta are those able to balance and tie together all these different tastes together. According to your preferences, you can combine it with EVOOs from cultivars which will give a medium / high intensity and vegetable notes to the dish, such as Ottobratica, Coratina, Peranzana, Pisciottana, Ravece, Tortiglione, Dritta or Itrana.
As for EVOOs, we recommend:
Coratina – Mimì: it will boost the taste of the grilled vegetables, and thanks to its powerful bitter soul will counterbalance the important flavour of the pecorino cheese.
Mantegna – Tini: with its medium intensity and pungency, this EVO oil will create a perfect combination with the dish, adding elegant aromatic notes to the bruschetta.
Perseo – Depalo: it gives to the dish a perfect balance between the vegetable and aromatic tones, which are intrinsically characteristic of this EVOO.