- Guacamole spread
- 2 avocados
- ½ green pepper
- 1 red tomato
- ½ red onion
- the juice of ½ lime
- 3 tbs EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices homemade bread (read our recipe)
- 200 g champignon mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 10 strands of fresh chives
- pink pepper to taste
Prepare the guacamole spread:
1. cut the avocados in half and extract the pulp (you can keep the seeds to plant them). Blend ¾ of the pulp in a mixer. Cut the rest into little cubes and add a drop of lime juice to prevent fruit oxidation.
2. Cut the pepper, onion, and tomato into little cubes. Add the mix to the avocado pulp.
3. Add the lime juice and extra virgin olive oil, and mix all together until the sauce is creamy and uniform. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the avocado cubes to the rest of the sauce.
Cook the mushrooms.
5. Pour some extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add the garlic clove and heat it up; cut the mushrooms and add it in the pan. Cook till browning then season with salt.
Create your Bruschetta
6. In a non-stick pan, toast the slices of bread on each side for about 5 minutes.
7. On each slice, put some guacamole spread and the mushrooms. Garnish with extra virgin olive oil, chives, and pink pepper.
Extra Virgin Olive Oils Pairings
What are the best extra virgin olive oils for this Bruschetta?
If you want read our praticle guide on how to pair food and EVO Oil!
To choose the right EVO oil to pair to a dish, you must first consider the prevalent flavours found in your preparation, which in this case are essentially two: the sweetness of the avocado and the mushrooms, and the more or less aromatic taste of the pepper and onion (of course, the intensity of the flavour also depends on the type of onion and pepper you choose to use). Moreover, avocado adds creaminess and a fatty feeling to the taste. All things considered, it is important to match Bruschetta Guacamole and Mushroom to an EVOO which is not too delicate in flavour, but which is rather able to add character to every bite; the presence of the bitterness and pungency in your EVOO is so essential to define the final result, as they will balance the taste of the dish and prepare your palate for the tasting at every bite.
We therefore recommend:
– Olio Sassonia – Az. Agr. Sassonia: it will add a decidedly vegetable boost to the bruschetta, helping to improve the flavour of each of the ingredients.
– Perseo – Az. Depalo: it combines its vegetable notes to spiciness and aromatic tones which will enrich the final flavour of the dish.
– Caravaggio – Fr. Tini: the vegetal and spicy notes of this EVOO combine perfectly with the dish, creating a perfect feeling of cleanness in the mouth after each bite (also thanks to its high polyphenols content).
Or, speaking more generally, use EVOO with those cultivars, which give medium intensity to your preparation but are not too intrusive: Moraiolo, Correggiolo, Raja, Intosso, Ortice or Peranzana.