Follow @dinodelcorso! Thanks for the photos and the recipe of this Bruschetta
2 tbsp of EVOO
1 baguette (check out our homemade bread recipe)
2 slices of chicken breast
Green table olives (to preference; we recommend the Leccino or Tonda Iblea cultivars)
Pickled cucumbers, to preference
2 tbsp of freshly homemade mayonnaise
1 tbsp of honey mustard sauce
Rice vinegar to taste
1 fresh cucumber
1 yellow apple
Salt, pepper, EVOO and dill to taste
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
- Cook the two slices of chicken breast in a pan with 2 tbsp of EVO oil for about 10 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook the meat, or it will lose its tenderness.
- Cut the pickled cucumbers and olives, and mix them together with mayonnaise, mustard and rice vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the chicken cool and then fry it. Once ready, mix it with the sauce prepared in step 2.
- Cut the baguette in half. In the same pan where you cooked the chicken, heat the baguette over medium heat on the inside, with a drizzle of EVO oil.
- Make an emulsion of EVO oil, vinegar and salt to season the rocket.
- Wash and slice up the apple and cucumber.
- Assemble your bruschetta: place the rocket, chicken salad, apple and cucumber on the two slices of baguette, in this order.
- Season with your EVO oil of choice.
Extra Virgin Olive Oils Pairings
What are the best extra virgin olive oils for this Bruschetta?
Our goal is to achieve the perfect balance of taste in the mouth (read more on our Olive Oil Pairings method). In order to do that, it is necessary to clean the mouth of the fat feeling of the mayonnaise, and balance the sweet tendency of the mustard and chicken, as well as boost up the flavour of the freshest part of the dish, the cucumber and apple salad. We suggest you combine this bruschetta with EVO oils which either helps balance the different flavours of the dish, or enhance the flavour of one or more of its components. For this reason, we recommend trying this Bruschetta with: Giarraffa Mandranova EVOO, to improve the taste of the bruschetta with elegant and delicate tones of vegetables (e.g. tomatoes) and flowers, which contribute to softening the taste of the dish; L’olio di Casa Virzì to go along the sweet hints of flavour of the dish, supporting them with the addition of a good citrus and tomato note; Premium EVOO, to add a strong character of vegetable and aromatic aromas to the preparation.