Ingredients for the Extra Virgin Olive Oil Gingerbread Cookies
- 450 g flour
- 130 g honey
- 60 g extra virgin olive oil (light fruity)
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins – 180°C|
|Yield||20 gingerbread man cookies|
Gingerbread men have now conquered many of our kitchens over the Christmas season with their scent, and if baking cookies at home is always a joy, this time around it’s magical.
We prepared them using eucalyptus honey and Ruxia Bio extra virgin olive oil (a light fruity olive oil, ideal for making desserts) – a perfect match to the sweet spiciness of these Christmas cookies, good, healthy and beautiful!
Also read our cookies with chocolate chips recipe.
- Beat the egg with the honey; mix vigorously to make the honey dissolve.
- Incorporate the flour, baking soda, EVO oil, salt. Add cinnamon and the fresh grated ginger into the batter. Mix until the mixture is smooth and soft.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Switch on your oven at 180°C (356°F).
- Get your dough from the fridge, and roll it out using a rolling pin. Choose the height of your preference for your cookies (we made them about 1cm thick).
- Cut out your cookies from the dough with a pastry gingerbread man cutter, or simply with a knife to get them to the shape of your preference (we used a 7cm pastry cutter).
- Bake the biscuits at 180 ° C for 15/17 minutes in a static oven.
- Take your cookies out of the oven, let them cool for half an hour and … enjoy them with your friends or family!
We have selected the best extra virgin olive oils for desserts in our EVOO boxes (3 bottles x 500ml). Shop now!