Ingredients for Molten Chocolate Cake
- 150 g dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
- 50 ml EVOO
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 70 g brown sugar
- 30 g flour type 0
- 15 ml milk
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Baking time||10-13 mins|
Many people are in love with chocolate, and one of the best ways to surprise your guests with it is to prepare a simple soft-centred warm chocolate pudding! And to make it as tasty as light (0% cholesterol – read our article about olive oil calories to know more about) you can follow our recipe – we replace the butter commonly used in this kind of recipes with EVO oil (and if you already have your favourite recipe for chocolate cake but still want to use EVOO, just divide the quantity of butter needed by 0.8 to obtain the amount of EVO oil to add to your preparation instead!).
To prepare this molten chocolate cake is… easier done than said! Choose your favourite chocolate, add EVO oil with a delicate taste, cook slowly and for a short time, and just let the magic happen – you will obtain a chocolate cake with a soft, tasty centre!
To further enrich your preparation with a spicy twist, add a few drops of chilli-flavoured olive oil just before serving; for that, we decided to use peperoncino EVO oil by the Visconti company! Read our review of Unico EVO oil (100% Peranzana) by Visconti, and the recipe for a tasty guacamole spread in which we used lemon-based olive oil by Visconti, too.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie. While the chocolate melts, beat the eggs and the yolk together with the sugar using an electric whisk until the mix becomes foamy and of a light yellow colour.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove it from the bain-marie; add the extra virgin olive oil and mix it well with a whisk. Choose a delicate EVOO, with light fruity and floral hints of flavour.
- When the chocolate has slightly cooled, add a drizzle of EVO oil to it and then slowly mix all together with the sugar and egg batter.
- Add the sifted flour into the batter – mix it repeatedly from top to bottom with a spatula.
- Add the milk to the mixture and stir.
- Heat the oven to 180 °C. Put the batter in a muffin or cupcake tray, and cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve while still hot; add a few drops of chilli-infused olive oil on top just before serving.
- Enjoy it, and don’t forget to tag us in your pictures!
We have selected the best extra virgin olive oils for desserts in our EVOO boxes (3 bottles x 500ml). Shop now!