300 g mushrooms
50 g Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 tbs EVO oil
For the Pasta
160 g paccheri
2 slices of prosciutto crudo
15 g rocket
EVO oil, to taste
thyme to taste
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
One of the best ingredients autumn offers are mushrooms, which give their best right during this season; mushrooms can be used to prepare starters, first courses or, as in this case, to make pasta or risotto – we used them to prepare a homemade pesto sauce with champignons, walnuts and Mantenera EVO oil, to go with bronze-cut paccheri, a pasta in the shape of large tubes typical of Campania.
This is a very simple, seasonal preparation, enriched by the explosion of aromas and flavours of Mantenera EVOO added both in the sauce and on the dish a crudo.
The vegetable notes of Mantenera EVOO combine with those of the undergrowth of the mushrooms, the bitterness of rocket, as well as with the rich taste of Prosciutto and Parmigiano Reggiano. Together with thyme, Mantenera’s aroma manteca the dish and its flavours together, making each bite balanced yet explosive in taste!
Directions for Pasta with Pesto
- Heat 1 tbsp of EVO oil in a pan, then add the mushrooms and cook them over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Let the mushrooms cool down on a plate; add to them a pinch of salt, and thyme to taste.
- Shell the walnuts and cut the Parmigiano-Reggiano into small pieces.
- Chop 200 g of mushrooms and add to them the Parmigiano, walnuts and 2 tablespoons of Mantenera EVOO; mix until creamy.
- Cut the prosciutto into strips, and wash the rocket.
- In a pan, heat up the mushroom sauce, the remaining mushrooms and a tablespoon of EVO oil.
- Bring the water to boiling point to cook the paccheri. Cook the pasta, but put it out of the water 2 minutes before the advised cooking time.
- Add a ladle of cooking water to the pan with the mushroom pesto and mix everything with the paccheri, stirring for 1/2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the rocket, prosciutto and Parmigiano. Last but not least, add to your dish a generous drizzle of Mantenera EVO oil. Enjoy!