Ingredients for Pancake
- 1 egg
- 12 g extra virgin olive oil
- 60g flour type 0
- 100 ml milk
- 7g sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp yeast
|Preparation Time||5-7 mins|
|Cooking Time||1 mins|
|Servings||10-12 mini pancake or 5-8 traditional|
A pancake’s ingredients and shape varies worldwide. The American pancake is a round fluffy type of pancake; it can be served both in a sweet or savory variation – pancakes can be topped with jam or honey (as the one we have prepared) for a delicious breakfast, or they can be served with eggs, bacon, or salmon for brunch.
We have of course prepared our pancakes using extra virgin olive oil – we suggest you to use an EVO oil that has light fruitiness, which shows notes of dried fruit in the organoleptic analysis, and that has light to medium bitterness and pungency sensations.
- Separate the yolk from the white. Beat the egg white with the sugar until stiff.
- Beat the yolk, extra virgin olive oil and milk (at room temperature) together with an electric whisk.
- Sift the flour and add it to the mix; also add the baking powder and yeast to the mix.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the egg white and sugar mix into the batter.
- Pre-heat your non-stick pan. Use a ladle to pour your preferred amount of batter into the pan – use ¼ of a ladle for mini pancakes, and half a ladle for classic size pancakes (12-15 cm of diameter).
- Cook your pancake for 30 seconds up to 1 minute per side.
- Place your pancakes on a plate, one on top of the other, to recreate the classic image of a pancake tower.
- Top your pancakes as you like – chocolate cream, classic maple syrup, peanut butter,…
- We tried our pancakes with chestnut honey produced on the slopes of the Etna volcano, the result was really yummy!
- Enjoy your meal, and don’t forget to tag us in your pictures 😉
We have selected the best extra virgin olive oils for desserts in our EVOO boxes (3 bottles x 500ml). Shop now!