Ingredients for Risotto
~ 1 l broth
2 g salt
100 g Pecorino cheese
80 g guanciale
100 g fava beans
100 g rice
4 tbsp Grand Cru Musignano EVOO
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||15-20 mins|
Making risotto may seem difficult. In reality, with the right techniques (and above all the right variety of rice), it is much easier than you might think! Did you already read our previous article in which we revealed the techniques of our risotto without butter? Now you can also follow our video recipe of risotto with fava beans and guanciale.
We chose to make a spring risotto with fresh broad beans and guanciale, creamed with an excellent semi-seasoned pecorino cheese. Excellent and rich in taste, with a rich drizzle of Grand Cru Musignano (also used during cooking) that enriches the recipe with flavor and makes it pleasantly balanced.
Are you curious to try it? Watch now our videorecipe!
You can also read our review of Grand Cru Musignano EVOO.
Directions for Risotto
Watch our video recipe.
- Prepare the broth. We chose to make the broth with an herbal tea. Bring the water to a boil, turn off the gas and add the herbal tea inside.
- Chop the guanciale according to your taste. Put it in a hot non-stick pan.
- When it is cooked, put it on a dish to rest. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of Grand Cru Musignano EVO oil; once hot, add the rice and let it roast for max 1 min on medium heat (be careful not to burn it!);
- add 2 cups of broth and let the rice absorb it almost completely; keep adding the broth 2 ladles at a time until the rice absorbs the liquid, and mix. Repeat this step until the rice is 1’ away from being perfectly cooked.
- Clean the fava beans.
- Add the guanciale and the fava beans to your risotto; add salt to taste.
- Grate and add the Pecorino cheese.
- Add extra virgin olive oil Grand Cru Musignano a crudo; mix.